Sunday, February 12, 2012
Tag... You're It!
I was tagged by Garrett Squared who invited me to join her in this fun game of sharing...
All games have rules, so here they are
1. You must post the rules.
2. Post eleven fun facts about yourself on the blog post.
3. Answer the questions the tagger set for you in their post, and then
create eleven new questions to ask the people you've tagged.
4.Tag eleven people and link them on your post
5. Let them know you've tagged them!
* ELEVEN FUN FACTS ABOUT ME *
1. I have lived in many different places in Indiana and Ohio. I often say that I'm a "Hoos-eye" rather than a "Hoosier" or "Buckeye".
2. I have been blogging for nearly 13 years and have kept a journal since I was a kid in grade school.
3. I am a huge "Weird Al" Yankovic fan and own every album/ cd and have seen him in concert three times. Having a last name that starts with AL has been a fun bonus.
4. In college I joined Alpha Phi Omega (a coed service fraternity) and was very involved from 1994 to 2001.
5. During pledging in Alpha Phi Omega there were multiple Jennifer, Jen, Ginny, and Jeannie's. It was decided that everyone would call me "Al" like the Paul Simon song. Most of my friends from college still call me Al.
6. This past weekend I finished a skirt for myself that I had started a month ago. I wore it yesterday and was so proud of myself. I haven't made any clothes for myself since high school!
7. In high school I won a local poster contest for MADD.
8. I started college at the age of 17. Way back when.. I started kindergarten early so that I could be in the same class as my cousin.
9. I am a huge "Big Bang Theory" fan and have a specialized license plate on my Mini Cooper that says "Sheldon". I also have a bunch of bumper stickers that are about the show.
10. I love to swim and whenever I have an excuse to stay at a hotel I try to bring my swimsuit to take advantage of their pool.
11. I have two Pembroke Welsh Corgis that are the highlight of my day. When I get home they are so excited to see me. I love to take hang out with them in my backyard and just enjoy being outdoors. Often they help me weed my gardens and trim the grass.
*Garrett Squared-- Questions for her tagged friends.*
1. Would you travel to the moon if you could buy a ticket like you do for air travel? I don't think so. I once went to the Neil Armstrong museum and they have a room that simulates space. It freaked me out pretty badly and I could only walk through with my eyes closed.
2. What is your favorite flavor of ice cream? Cookies and cream
3. What is your favorite decade? Why? I really love the 60's because of all the great music of that time. Second choice is the 50's for the same reason and also because the clothing was pretty cool.
4. If you could own any vehicle--which one would it be? A turquoise blue Mini Cooper with every extra you can think of for it. I have a red one now that is not too fancy. I love it, but I love gadgets and blue too.
5. Snowmen or Precious Moments? I'd have to say Snowmen. The Precious Moments stuff is a little too sappy for me.
6. Route 66 or Highway 101? I'd have to say Route 66. No real reason.
7. Eat out or Eat In? Eat out. I love being served!
8. What is your worst habit? Hmmm so many to choose from! I think biting my nails when I'm stressed is probably my worst.
9. Where would you like to go on vacation if money was no object and why? Italy!!! I love the scenery, food, language, and wine!
10. What do you do to relieve stress? Watch a funny or really sad movie. Laughing and crying are cathartic for me. I also tend to clean the house when I'm stressed.
11. What is your favorite room of your house? My office! It's a shade of orange that makes me think of sunsets. It's got all my favorite artwork and my genealogy and scrapbooking stuff in there too.
*My questions for my tagged friends*
1. When you have good news, who is the first person you tell?
2. Are you a dog or cat person?
3. If you could meet one of your ancestors, who would it be and why?
4. What is your favorite song?
5. Sweet or Salty?
6. What is your favorite genre of book?
7. How long have you known your best friend?
8. Milk, Dark, or White Chocolate?
9. What is your favorite memory from high school?
10. What celebrity or famous person (dead or alive) would you like to meet?
11. What would be your dream job?
Tagged Blog Friends
Amy at Gravestoned
Stephanie at Corn and Cotton
Shelley at Sense of Family
Jen at Generations
Amy at Her Blog
Cindy at Her Blog
Caroline at Family Stories
Kirsty at Professional Descendant
Laura at The Last Leaf on this Branch
Marian at Roots and Rambles
Lorine at Olive Tree Genealogy