Wednesday, January 18, 2012
My Genealogy Goals for 2012
Here are my much-anticipated genealogy goals for 2012. Some are pretty general and some quite specific. I am hopeful that I'll be able to go to all the conferences I've mentioned. I think the main thing is to just set aside time each month to work on one or two of these goals. I'll keep you posted as I accomplish each one.
General Genealogy Goals..
1. Attend the Ohio Genealogical Conference in Cleveland, Ohio (April 12-14).
2. Attend the National Family History Conference in Cincinnati, Ohio (May 9-12).
3. Visit the Allen County Public Library in Fort Wayne, Indiana and learn about the resources available there.
4. Finish the Advanced Jewish Genealogy Coursework that I began in November.
5. Take the courses that I won last year through the Family Tree Magazine.
6. Finish reading the Jewish Genealogy book that I bought last year.
7. Finish the Methodology Part 1 course through the National Institute for Genealogical Studies.
8. Attend the Midwestern Roots Conference in Indianapolis, Indiana (July 20-21).
1. Write at least once a week.
2. Promote my blog on Twitter, Facebook, and Google+
3. Invite others to write as guests on my blog.
1. Continue to meet with the COG's (Central Ohio Geneabloggers).
2. At all conferences make at least one new connection.
3. Become active in the Licking County Genealogical Society and volunteer in the library.
Interview the older generations in my family about their memories growing up. Use pictures to spur stories about relatives that I know little about. Record these interviews to digital audio for later reference and sharing.
Specific questions and goals for the family lines that I'd like to examine this year...
1. Find out more about Margaret Maude Nolan Morse McGraw. According to my Great Uncle, she was married once before she met George Frederick Morse. Was Nolan her maiden name or was it her 1st married name?
2. Who was George Frederick Morse married to before Margaret? My Great Uncle said he was married once before... who was she?
3. What happened to Arthur Morse's daughter Helena Irene?
4. Join the Morse Family Genealogical Society.
1. Find out more about Alex/ Ellye Kriger in Belarus. Was he born there or elsewhere? When & where was he buried?
2. Did Myer Krueger have any siblings? According to my grandma there was a sister in Minnesota that married and had several children. When did she come to America?
3. Where is Sophia/ Zipe Soloman Krueger buried and when did she die? Where was she born? Did she have any siblings besides Sarah Soloman Shon?
1. Did Samuel Hirsch Engel have any siblings? Did his family remain in Slovakia?
2. Did Dora Fleckman Engel have any siblings? Did her family stay in Slovakia?
1. Find out more about my dad's half-brother Kenny and Kenny's mother. Where did they end up & is Kenny still alive?
2. Find out more about Naomi Reynolds Alford's family and whether any more pictures are "out there".
3. Join the Alford Family Association.
1. Find out where in Ireland the Cliffords came from originally.