Monday, October 31, 2011

Annie Alford Page Moore

My dad called me on Tuesday to let me know that my great aunt Ann had passed away on Monday.   I had not seen Ann in more than twenty-some years, but I had recently gotten in touch with her daughter.  I thought a short tribute to a great lady was in order.  After all, my grandpa always spoke so highly of his big sister.  I can remember playing Old Maid and Gin Rummy with her when I visited her.  She was a cool lady and I thought it was neat that she had a greenhouse and banana tree.  I wish I could have gotten to know her better!
Here’s a little photo montage in memory of those departed…
Annie, Naomi, Arlie, and Billy (Alfords
Ann, Naomi, Arlie and Bill Alford

1930Billie-Annie-Alford wLakins
Uncle Ben and Aunt Mary Lakin with Ann and Bill Alford
(When Ann and Bill’s parents passed away the Lakins raised them)

The following is from the local paper in Hot Springs, Arkansas (The Sentinel-Record -
Published: 10/27/2011)Ann-Moore-1
Ann (Alford) Page Moore, 90, of Hot Springs, died Oct. 24, 2011. She was born Nov. 20, 1920, in Hot Springs, to Arlie and Naomi (Reynolds) Alford.

After her parents death, she and her younger brother, Billy Tom Alford, were raised by their Aunt Mary and Uncle Ben Lakin. In 1942, she married Robert Randolph Page. They owned Page Liquor Store for 25 years. Later, Ann worked as a sales clerk in various Hot Springs gift shops. Ann was a member of Morning Star Methodist Church.
She enjoyed reading, yard work, cooking, jigsaw and crossword puzzles and most of all, playing cards with her grandchildren and great-grandchildren. She is predeceased by her husband of 55 years, Robert Randolph Page, son, Robert Page II, son, Danny Page and brother, Billy Tom Alford.
In 1999 Ann married Dan Moore who survives along with her daughter, Suzanne (Jacob) Woolfson; daughter-in-law, Phyllis Page; grandsons; Dr. Robert (Ann) Page III and Anthony (Amy) Hubbard, granddaughters, Crystal Hubbard and Denise (Brian) Askelson, 9 great-grandchildren and many step-children and step- grandchildren who treated Ann as their own.

No comments: